The University Center for Human Values is pleased to announce its Seventh Annual Short Movie Prize. The 2019 theme is Hope and Despair.
In 2018-19, the jury will consider digital videos (or films transferred to digital form) that bear in any way on the theme of Hope and Despair. The deadline to submit entries is no later than FRIDAY, MARCH 1st.
- The preferred length of the short movie is around 7 minutes, but there is no maximum or minimum length. Music to which rights have not been secured can be used as long as the film is not shown commercially;
- Students should upload their videos to a website–YouTube, Vimeo, or some other video sharing website–and provide the jury with a stable URL.
- Each submission must be accompanied by a short biography (no more than one paragraph) of the student who made the movie (if more than one student, submit a separate biography for each student);
- A supporting statement about the short movie (no more than one page, double spaced).
- Please submit your films here: https://uchv.princeton.edu/smp
For more information and questions, please visit https://uchv.princeton.edu/fellowships-awards/short-movie-prize or contact Femke DeRuyter.