A joint committee of the School of Public and International Affairs (SPIA) and the University Center for Human Values (UCHV) invites proposals from members of the Princeton faculty (senior lecturers; assistant, associate, full professors and lecturers and research scholars on continuing appointments), postdoctoral research associates, and graduate students, for support of events concerning law and legal studies, broadly construed.
We aim to support collaborative activities such as seminar series, workshops, and conferences which will take place at any time through June 2023, including potentially summer activities through that month, as well as academic-year activities in Spring 2022 and 2022-23. The events can take place on or off campus so long as they are organized (or co-organized) by Princeton affiliates in the categories listed above.
The support available is financial, up to $10,000 for one application in response to this call, for programmatic activities only. Programmatic costs can include travel for conference or workshop participants, honoraria, meals and accommodation (in all cases compliant with Princeton University regulations). While no administrative assistance would be available to funded projects, employment of undergraduate or graduate student assistants to help with organization of these activities may be included as part of a proposed budget.
This call is not intended to support individual or collaborative research projects in the sense of funding research travel, research studies or field experiments, or necessary materials. Please note that we cannot support academic-year or summer salaries or stipends and are not in a position to offer office space.
Applications should consist of a single document containing all of the information below:
- A 400-600 word statement describing the proposed activity (beginning no sooner than 1 April 2022), including a project title, short description, and proposed dates.
- The name and university affiliation of the proposer and any collaborators
- A budget showing:
- the overall costs of the project
- indicating other funds received or being sought
- the total amount of funding sought from this committee
- An email from the Chair or Director of a department or other academic unit, copying the department manager of that unit, confirming that this unit will take overall responsibility for oversight of the activity and administration of the award.
Applications should be submitted by close of Thursday, March 17, 2022, for events in Spring 2022, or by close of Thursday, April 14, 2022, for events in 2022-23 (there may be a further call in Fall 2022 for Spring 2023 proposals). We aim to announce awards for Spring and Summer 2022 by early April, and awards for 2022-23 by early May.
For technical questions, please contact Regin Davis, Assistant Director, UCHV (firstname.lastname@example.org); for substantive questions, please contact Melissa Lane, Director, UCHV (email@example.com).