Applications for the Class of 2025 will be accepted in Spring 2023 (application period dates will be listed on the website in January).
The enrollment procedure for the UCHV undergraduate certificate program in Values and Public Life requires:
- a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher (if GPA is below a 3.0, please provide an explanation as to why);
- submission of an enrollment essay of 2-4 pages, double-spaced, that outlines the student's area of interest and reasons for pursuing the certificate, and also lays out a plan of study for fulfilling the certificate requirements;
- a recommendation by an academic referee;
- an unofficial copy of the student's academic transcript.
The VPL program recommends that interested students take the enrollment essay seriously and fill it out as thoughtfully as possible since it is important for us to understand your course and independent work plans in advising you and planning future course offerings.
Pease contact Kimberly Murray, Program Coordinator, at email@example.com if you have any questions.
- We strongly recommend completing one of our core courses prior to enrolling in the certificate program.
- Students are normally accepted in the spring of their sophomore year. However, juniors who have a compelling reason for entering late are encouraged to schedule an appointment with Professor Sandra Bermann, VPL Director, to discuss their case.