The Class of 2021 application is now open. Click HERE to access.
This application closes on Monday, March 25, 2019. You will no longer be able to access it after that date.
Additionally, please join one of our three VPL informational dinners being held in the residential colleges:
- Rocky/Mathey Colleges: Mon, Feb. 11 from 5:30-6:60 pm (Mathey Private Dining Room)
- Forbes/Whitman Colleges: Tues, Feb. 19 from 5:30-6:30 pm (Forbes Private Dining Room)
- Butler/Wilson Colleges: Wed, Feb. 27 from 5:30-6:30 pm (Wilson Private Dining Room)
The enrollment procedure to the UCHV undergraduate certificate program in Values and Public Life requires:
- a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher;
- submission of an enrollment essay of 2-4 pages that outlines the student's area of interest and reasons for pursuing the certificate, and also lays out a plan of study for fulfilling the certificate requirements;
- submission of the name of an academic referee;
- a copy of the student's academic transcript. (This may be an unofficial copy obtained from TigerHub.)
The VPL program recommends that interested students take the enrollment essay seriously and fill it out as thoughtfully as possible, since it is important for us to understand your course and independent work plans in advising you and planning future course offerings.
Please note the following:
** We strongly recommend completing one of our core courses prior to enrolling in the certificate program.
**Students are normally accepted only in the spring of their sophomore year. However, juniors who have a compelling reason for entering late are encouraged to schedule an appointment with the Director to discuss their case.