Fostering ongoing inquiry into important ethical issues in private and public life and supporting teaching, research, and discussion of ethics and human values throughout the curriculum and across the disciplines at Princeton University. Learn more >
- On Tuesday, March 28, UCHV will host a panel conversation with W. Rochelle Calhoun, David Rabban, and Fred Schauer on "Free Speech In and Out of the Classroom" as part of its Free Speech Now! series.
- The University Center for Human Values co-sponsored an event as part of a Campus Wide “Day of Action” – organized by the Princeton Advocates For Justice and Princeton Citizen Scientists – which brought together hundreds of members of the Princeton University campus community to discuss and reaffirm the responsibilities of a community devoted to
- Up close with the Center's sixth Harold T. Shapiro Postdoctoral Research Associate in Bioethics on her interests, her Values and Public Life seminar, and a public event addressing the moral responsibility of psychopaths.
- Ira W. DeCamp Professor of Bioethics Peter Singer in conversation about his most recent book, philosophy, and teaching at Princeton"If you can contribute to showing people how it's possible to have reasoned discussion of ethical issues, I think it's a valuable thing to do. A lot of people think ethics is all just subjective, a matter of taste. They think you can't really say anything, therefore you might as well just abuse your opponents. I think there are other possibilities...
- Are you interested in Ethics? Equality? Would you like to incorporate a critical perspective into your studies?