Fostering ongoing inquiry into important ethical issues in private and public life and supporting teaching, research, and discussion of ethics and human values throughout the curriculum and across the disciplines at Princeton University. Learn more >
- Up close with the Center's sixth Harold T. Shapiro Postdoctoral Research Associate in Bioethics on her interests, her Values and Public Life seminar, and a public event addressing the moral responsibility of psychopaths.
- A 4:30 p.m. talk on Tuesday, February 28th by Professor Martin Gilens, Department of Politics, Princeton University
- Ira W. DeCamp Professor of Bioethics Peter Singer in conversation about his most recent book, philosophy and teaching at Princeton"If you can contribute to showing people how it's possible to have reasoned discussion of ethical issues, I think it's a valuable thing to do. A lot of people think ethics is all just subjective, a matter of taste. They think you can't really say anything, therefore you might as well just abuse your opponents. I think there are other possibilities...
- Are you interested in Ethics? Equality? Would you like to incorporate a critical perspective into your studies?
- UCHV reaffirms its strong commitment to cherished values of fairness, humanitarianism, and non-discrimination, and rejects the view that security can be gained by undermining the very ideals on which our democracy is built.